The government’s relaxation of COVID-19 rules has moved to Step 4 where most legal restrictions have been lifted and we have been advised that the virus will be a feature of our lives for the foreseeable future, so we need to learn to live with it and manage the risk to ourselves and others.
With the above in mind the Village Hall is now open and available for normal use, although all users will be required to record the contact details of all attendees to support NHS Test and Trace system. The QR code will be retained at the entrances to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app.
There is no requirement for table service at live events, or restrictions on singing or dancing. We do not need to stay 2 metres apart from people we do not live with now so the limit on numbers attending the Hall returns to the licensed 100 persons capacity.
However, the government is keeping in place key protections:
- test when you have symptoms to help people manage personal risk.
- isolating when positive or when contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
- cautious guidance for individuals, whilst prevalence is high including:
- wear face coverings in crowded areas.
- let fresh air in by opening windows and doors when possible.
- minimise the number, proximity, and duration of social contacts.
- continue with the Test & Trace system.
It is important that everyone uses their personal judgement to manage risk. All of us can play our part by exercising common sense to control the potential spread of the virus. Every action to help reduce the spread will reduce any further resurgence of the virus in the coming months.
Please keep yourself and others safe.
The above information was extracted and personalised from the following government website: